Bobbles the tiny call duckling growth thread!

Should Bobbles be a house duck?

• Total voters
Pics

FunnyfarmMidwest

Call Duck obsessed! 🦆💕
Mar 14, 2020
Here’s a thread to follow the growth of my little call duckling Bobbles. Some of you might know him from my other thread but for those that don’t, here’s some background. He is a black pied call duckling that hatched on April 4, 2021. He has grown at a much slower rate than all of his siblings and is very tiny in comparison to them. It has been questioned if he is just a runt or a dwarf. I’m not sure. He hatched with a large unabsorbed yolk and spent most of his first day in the incubator absorbing. When he was hatched, he couldn’t hold his head up for a full 24 hours. I was skeptical at first on whether or not he’d survive. We’ve had many ups and downs along the journey. He has definitely been a fighter from the start and is doing great!

He is quite the character and has a very firecracker personality for such a tiny duck. He is very special and imprinted strongly on me. The others aren’t very nice to him but he definitely holds his own. His siblings all got their feathers in about 3-4 weeks ago and moved out but he just started getting his now. He is now in with a 3-4 week old call duckling named Mustard. Despite the fact that he’s 4 weeks older than Mustard, he is almost the same size and still doesn’t have his adult plumage.

Here’s him taken yesterday:
90152F8D-A799-45B8-9AA2-07802C1A675C.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom