Bobcat attack

Ahennessee

Chirping
Nov 17, 2018
Dayton, TX
Please. Help. My bird was attacked in the butt by a bobcat. Injuries on leg as well. She's a year old with cross beak so eating is difficult. Taking fluid by syringe. I'm spraying vetericyn plus 3 x day. What else can I do.

Attachments

• 20181117_095736.jpg
    20181117_095736.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 15
I know you said feeding her can be difficult, but if you can try to get her to eat some scrambled eggs, yogurt, or even some of her regular food mixed with water, that would be good. You could also try giving her some Nutri-Drench. Other than that, I'd just make sure you keep her warm, dry, and clean. Best of luck to you and your hen :fl Did the rest of your flock survive okay? Bobcats can be some of the worst predators.

I don't think Epsom salt is good for open wounds so the spray you are doing works well. You could spray and wrap it for a bit change it often. Im sorry for your girls.
I figure Epsom will have the same effect like they do on humans

"While some health care providers may recommend a warm bath with Epsom salt for conditions such as sore muscles or to relieve psoriasis, soaking opens wounds in the magnesium sulfate compound may be painful and could irritate an open wound.Aug 27, 2010"

Also Epsom salt soaks are usually used for chicken bumblefoot to loosen the scab

You also need to be careful when choosing Neosporin bc of pain relievers frankly if you are using vetericyne that's the best antibacterial for a chicken imo

She made it through the night. Drinking on her own. Trying to eat some scratch and yogurt and scrambled eggs. Gave her a warm water soak. It seems the poo is just kinda oozing out of her. My poor little birb! She tries to stand but the injured leg is too painful.
I'm so sorry:hugs
If you have updated photos those would be helpful. From the first one you posted, it looks like there is extensive damage to the vent. I'm just not sure how well that will heal.

Do you have a vet that can see her?

I'm so sorry:hugs
If you have updated photos those would be helpful. From the first one you posted, it looks like there is extensive damage to the vent. I'm just not sure how well that will heal.

Do you have a vet that can see her?
I am going to soak her again this am and take a look. I will take some pics and post them for advise. I don't want her to suffer...she is trying her best though. She heard the others calling and it perks her up.
The closest vet open today is about 2 hours from me.

Back
Top Bottom