Bobcat!

Check this out, this is from last night. I was watching it and adjusting the camera live, couldn't believe what I was watching.

Also, I loaded the trap with mackerel and sardines, and he didn't so much as sniff the trap. He wants my birds, and that's all he's after. I'm glad he didn't kill my cat!

Check this out, this is from last night. I was watching it and adjusting the camera live, couldn't believe what I was watching.

Also, I loaded the trap with mackerel and sardines, and he didn't so much as sniff the trap. He wants my birds, and that's all he's after. I'm glad he didn't kill my cat!
OMG!!! I watched it over and over! Thank god your cat beat feet! That dude is thrill killing for fun.

I have many years experience calling predators.

Do you have a shotgun? If so then you can easily kill a cat that is that active around your coop. Find a seat that faces the direction the cat normally comes from. Get into your seated place half an hour before the time you have been seeing the cat show. Keep a house light on if possible that cast a small amount of light over the area that the cat approaches from. Rest the shotgun across your knees so one hand is free. Using your lips, suck on the back of your hand (meaty part of your lower thumb) making little squeaking noises that sound like a small rodent in distress. Continue to make the squeaking sounds as you hold very still and carefully scan the area ahead of yourself with your eyes. When the cat appears you got him! Over the years I have killed many a coon at my sisters farm that were attacking her chickens!

Coyotes, fox, and coon will normally run right into a distressed animal call, but a cat will sometimes take it's time and sneak in pausing frequently to look around. However, sometimes cats will also rush in quickly!

Good luck!

I'm gonna reply again. Just because. We had bobcats and coons in Fl. In Ca, we have coyote and mountain lion. (tons of others too, but I'm talking about thrill killing) When I was in Fla (Cocoa) a friend had a bobcat thrill killing her goats. Just for the game. Predatory cat instinct. Here in Ca, we have mountain lions that thrill kill. My friend just lost 8 goats in 1 night to 1 lion. All killed, none eaten or carted away. They got a kill permit (protected species) Hunters with dogs tracked and killed it.

I just solved my predator problem by building a predator proof pen. You can start with an electric fence. There will be others even after bobcat problem is resolved.

I have many years experience calling predators.

Do you have a shotgun? If so then you can easily kill a cat that is that active around your coop. Find a seat that faces the direction the cat normally comes from. Get into your seated place half an hour before the time you have been seeing the cat show. Keep a house light on if possible that cast a small amount of light over the area that the cat approaches from. Rest the shotgun across your knees so one hand is free. Using your lips, suck on the back of your hand (meaty part of your lower thumb) making little squeaking noises that sound like a small rodent in distress. Continue to make the squeaking sounds as you hold very still and carefully scan the area ahead of yourself with your eyes. When the cat appears you got him! Over the years I have killed many a coon at my sisters farm that were attacking her chickens!

Coyotes, fox, and coon will normally run right into a distressed animal call, but a cat will sometimes take it's time and sneak in pausing frequently to look around. However, sometimes cats will also rush in quickly!

Good luck!

Why thank you...I might be messaging you later, if you don't mind.

I think the point was to use electric so the cat can't climb your 6 ft fence anymore. Ya know? If the cat can't get to your peacocks then they will stop being eaten.

Try a sight lure in front of your trap to get it to see and go over there ... A couple of feathers fluttering in the breeze ... Or, just shoot it!

Well I found out from FWC today that it is legal to shoot them, but it is not legal to trap and shoot. Weird laws here. I currently have a hunter in my backyard tracking it. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom