Bobcats

There is a one year old on my property, if I see a bear it would be dead. Every one has a different idea of 'threat', and mine is were it does not belong and that is in my yard.
However everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.
I agree 100% that everyone is entitled to their opinion and am not saying your opinion, or mine for that matter, is right or wrong. Just stating my opinion based upon my experiences.

I have 2 young children as well (3 & 9) that have grown up seeing bears out our dining room windows. on those days they play outside only if supervised. Last fall i had to chase one off our deck at 8ft from me that was looking for the dinner i had cooked on the grill that night. So long as they run when confronted, I don't see them as a threat. When they don't run and pay you no mind, those are the dangerous bears.

There is a one year old on my property, if I see a bear it would be dead. Every one has a different idea of 'threat', and mine is were it does not belong and that is in my yard.
However everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.
Just playing devil's advocate:
There are those who think we are the one's who don't "belong." We are the intruders and should we choose to live in these places, we should be the ones to adapt and learn to coexist.

Others say that God granted us "dominion over all things."

I say it is mankind's arrogance to think that we can take what we wish and expect all things to bow to us.

Sorry. Don't mean to preach.

I agree 100% that everyone is entitled to their opinion and am not saying your opinion, or mine for that matter, is right or wrong. Just stating my opinion based upon my experiences.

I have 2 young children as well (3 & 9) that have grown up seeing bears out our dining room windows. on those days they play outside only if supervised. Last fall i had to chase one off our deck at 8ft from me that was looking for the dinner i had cooked on the grill that night. So long as they run when confronted, I don't see them as a threat. When they don't run and pay you no mind, those are the dangerous bears.
Yes, however, the same bear that runs from you might not run from a 5 year old. And FYI they are my sibs not my kids;)

God did say we have domain over all things. So yes I think that we have power over them and can do as we wish with them, however God did say not to be cruel, but protcting your property is not cruel.
Death is not cruel so long as it is swift and unmaliceous. All hunters and animal keepers are or become familiar with death.

Again, playing devil's advocate....

Some may say free ranging chickens in a predator rich environment would be cruel.

I free range in a predator rich environment but say that quality of life is worth the risk. I lose on avg 1 bird a year to predators and whichever the unlucky soul is may disagree with my assessment.

Look, I don't wanna fight about it I am just stating my opinion.
Who's fighting? I appreciate and respect your opinion as much as I hope you do mine.
People can differ on opinion and discuss matters passionately without "fighting."

You are right. A bear is less likely to be intimidated by a 5yr old than a 250lb man. However, most bears (not the dangerous ones) are intimidated by human scent, activity, and presence. Those bears would run because they do not differentiate the different smell of a child vs adult. They smell human = danger. But since you never know which type of bear it will be, that's why my kids go out to play on these days "only under supervision."

Relax dude/guy/gal whatever. We are just talking here.

Back
Top Bottom