Bobwhite quail thread!!!

chicken farmer

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2012
Southern,Ohio
Post bobwhites and have fun!!!
celebrate.gif

WOW, the silence is deafening in this thread. OH WAIT! THERE might be a cricket or two still active. Merry Christmas to all the crickets who love bobwhite quail

I have about 25. They are in a 16ft x 20ft aviary, with natural food and hiding places. Talking about crickets, sometimes I feed them those little buggers from the pet store. They are all doing really good. My profile pic is of one that hatched 6 chicks this spring. He is one of the three bobwhites that hatched their own chicks I have. Another one, A spotless white one hatched eleven chicks. Can you tell something about yours if you have any???

Hi. After 3 hatches i have 12 Birds 7 Roosters and 5 hens. 1st hatch i got 7 birds accidentally fried 4. 1 cull and one suicide and 1 survivor. the runt of the flock that i had to feed with a medicine dropper to keep alive. 2nd hatch only1 hatch out of 30 eggs. 3rd hatch was 16 out of 25, lost 4 to cocci and 2 culls. i keep them in 2 cages. 6x2 and a 12 x 3. this should be the first egg laying Spring coming up I hope everything works. Thinking about pairing singles and culling the rest.

Back
Top Bottom