Boiling help

I hardboil fresh eggs all the time with no problems. Here is what I do: keep the eggs in the fridge. They need to be cold, just for this. Boil the water and put the eggs straight from the fridge into the boiling water. Keep the lid off and boil for five minutes. Remove pan from heat and put the lid back on for about 12 mins. Then plunge the eggs into an ice bath. I usually just run ice cold water over them while they are still in the pan. Swirl the pan around under the cold running water and make sure to bang the eggs onto the side of the pan, to crack them. Then peel them one by one, under cool running water. This method has worked for me lots of times, with eggs that were just laid that same day or the day before. Hope it helps you

Any tips or trick for peeling freshly laid and boiled eggs
I have better luck steaming the eggs. Put about 1 inch of water in a sauce pan. Add a steam basket or rack. Bring to boil. Add eggs. Google how long to steam them for hard, medium, soft cooked eggs. Once the time is finished. Put them in ice water for 2-3 minutes. Now here's what I've learned.....Peel them while they are still WARM. This works best for me.

Back
Top Bottom