Book reccomendations needed please!

There's a series of books called "Earth's Children" by Jean M. Auel. It actually takes place in cave-people days. I loved the series... but it's been awhile and I can't remember how much 'mature' content is in the books. She actually raises a lion and has him as a companion...

Also, the Outlander series is great (by Diana Gabaldon)... no animals really except one dog and a cat, lol.

Hey Smartie_Pants -

Try ebay to buy the James Herriot books...I bought 4 of them (paperback), all for $6 + $2 shipping...not too bad.

I love these books!...I bought these for my dd...
smile.png

Join Swaptree.com. you trade book for books, Love the site, You list what you have, then list what you want. postage is usually $2.27 and the envelope about a dollar. may take a while for the computer to get everything lined up but I highly reccommend the site.I have a whole box of books to read and I have never had that many before LOVE IT Marrie

Quote:
I love this book! I take it with me to Dr. appointments, just to read up on certain parts.
I just read "Wicked", it's about the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. It was good.

I vote for the James Herriot series, loved them so much and still laugh when I think about some of the stories he told in those books. If there is anyway you can beg, borrow, and not steal some, I would do it. there is also an american vet who has written a book about her experiences that are suppose to be very good, but have no clue who it is. I am really bad about reading books and not remembering who or the title, but I can tell you the whole story line!

Try to remember! LOL. It sounds interesting. And I just remembered I have a bunch of books I didn't like stored in the spare room, so I'm going to look into swaptree.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom