Book Your Spring Poultry Order now from Ideal Poultry

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

So excited my first chicken order!!!

Thanks to Ideal and Carole!!!

O and better thank DH, he's not so sure of this!!
big_smile.png

I appreciate all of the questions. Keep them coming!

The sex link offered by Marti is the same thing that we offer as "Black Sex Link". There are many different names to refer to the same chickens. Please ask if you have any other question.

We do sell red, white and black frizzles and you can order specific colors or assorted.

Teri

Quote:
Oh cool! So a few ducklings could accidently fall into the box with my brahmas and the SO would be none the wiser?
wink.png

Seriously though, if I only wanted 13 brahmas and really didn't want extra roos, could I order maybe 4 ducklings for heat instead?

Quote:
Hi,
Why does it cost more if you get 25 total but not all the same breed?
Less for 25 the same breed?
Seems like companies always find ways to make it annoying or ridiculous.
Do the chicks weigh so much different?
I looked at the info pages, I guess I just like plain simple.

Buy this, it costs this to ship. period.

Not, buy this, its this to ship but only if and when this criteria is met, other wise its X, sometimes except for tuesdays and rainy days, and for states that start with A-D its this plus a weight charge, for states E-J its this plus weight, box, handling charges....etc, etc....LMAO!!!!
Sorry =]

And I noticed if you are buying more than one breed there is a a lot of clicking back and forth, going from page to page to add them all in. (Not everyone has high speed cable =]) Example if you want 5 of X, then 2 of X, 5 of A, 2 of A, 10 of B, 3 of B, etc...
Maybe they can look into changing their format on how to pick breeds easily. (a more user friendly ordering area?). A drop down list perhaps?

Last edited:
My guess on boxing charges is because the chicks are hatched out all in different places in the facility and so if you want 10 different breeds, your box will have to go though probably 10 different rooms on it's own cart, instead of just one to pop in all 25 to close up and ship off. It's the handling fee of literally having to move your box to where the right chicks are located.

Edit: With thousands of chicks a week, going to thousands of customers, it would probably be easiest for them to just say minimum 25 each breed so they didn't have to take a box of babies around to collect the right birds for each order. Just pack a box and take to delivery directly.

Last edited:
That makes sense too, I guess I'm comparing it to a manufacturing parts distributor I worked for yrs ago. Orders would come in, people would go pick all the parts, put in box and ship out. Customers didn't get charged extra because the pickers had to go more places to get the parts because they were receiving an flat hourly wage to do the job what ever it took.
It just must be different with live animals.
I'm just a Door A or Door B kind a gal.
When I feel like I'm making changes to an IRA or something it gets overwhelming.
big_smile.png

It probably takes more "frantic time" with live animals because you have to get them out and there's no wait till tomorrow because then you'd increase the risk the chicks dying in transport.

Back
Top Bottom