Bored Chickens make a not so fun time

Pics

WiccanKC

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2019
I have 13 egg laying hens. They are being incredibly aggressive, with humans and with each other (biting, not pecking, the. Faces of my father and I, and flying up to bite us for we are in there). I was wondering if there was anything you guys knew that would help. I gave them a rolling chicken toy from Kaytee. I was wondering if there was anything else. I am renovating the chicken coop this summer so I was just wondering. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have 13 egg laying hens. They are being incredibly aggressive, with humans and with each other (biting, not pecking, the. Faces of my father and I, and flying up to bite us for we are in there). I was wondering if there was anything you guys knew that would help. I gave them a rolling chicken toy from Kaytee. I was wondering if there was anything else. I am renovating the chicken coop this summer so I was just wondering. Any advice would be appreciated.
Welcome to BYC!
Can you post pictures of them in their coop/run? That would be a good starting point.
What do you feed them?

I feed them food from Orscheln’s. I’m not sure what kind. Though I cannot take pictures because the whole town is evacuated due to flooding.

On the inside it is about 3 x 2’. But there are lots of stands above ground level and rafters and things on different levels that they can jump up and sit on. And the outside it’s about 5 x 4’.

On the inside it is about 3 x 2’. But there are lots of stands above ground level and rafters and things on different levels that they can jump up and sit on. And the outside it’s about 5 x 4’.

Really need to see a photo of this. Obviously if you're dealing with floods right now that's going to take priority over this problem, but I don't see how it's possible to have 13 hens in that space. If those numbers are accurate, that may explain why they're acting up.

I have the same issue seems like since it has gotten cold it has gotten worse. As soon as I open coop they attack. Although they don't do it to my husband. To the point I don't like opening coop because they start lunging at me. Its crazy.

I have the same issue seems like since it has gotten cold it has gotten worse. As soon as I open coop they attack. Although they don't do it to my husband. To the point I don't like opening coop because they start lunging at me. Its crazy.

Same question as posed to the OP: do you have photos and measurements of your set up? And also what are you feeding them and how often is it available?

You had to leave them because of the flooding? Bummer. I wouldn't be able to. My chickens and I are :hugs
0921160924-00.jpg
This is just one that acts this way. I got one that wants to snuggle in my coat and suck on my hair.

Back
Top Bottom