Bored out of my mind and want to talk about chickens...........

D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
CHICKENS!!!
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Oh I would have been here last night, but...............I was watching Harry Potter too. lol

Hubby thinks I'm nutz. I watch all of the movies all the time and now they have this one on DEMAND too. I'm a Harry Potter nerd I guess.

I should have been on here last night...

never mind... I fell on the pool deck and knocked my head on the deck.

off to take a couple more Tylenols....

Ouch! Head trauma is never much fun.....

I will admit also that I watch any Harry Potter movie when its on. Its pure brain candy to me, the books or movies for that matter. Nothing too heavy and can just relax and read or watch . I never read any of them until my wife got me reading them about 10 years ago.

I agree with previous poster, I have never worried or considered what the chickens may "feel" about moving them around to here or there. I put them where I want them or need them and they do perfectly fine. Chickens dont worry about much, bc they are animals for one. They like to eat, scratch in the dirt, procreate and not get eaten by a predator and thats about it. Yes I am very old school and pragmatic about chickens, it comes from years of growing up with them being very utilitarian in purpose.

aw thats good to hear. i donated her to the local 4-h club today and they put her in a cage with a pair of wayandottes. i admit, i was kinda sad, haha, and i do kinda miss her. i did fall in love with a silkie hen whilst there, but she was a year old and my girls are only six weeks so i didnt think it would be fair to my little ones to bring home a big ol silkie. lmao, i think i wanna a silkie now though. they remind me of muppets.

anyhow, the woman running the swap e-mailed me and told me that my feisty e.e. found a good home from a family that had to give up a roo. yay! i think? aw
sad.png

aww my ee is the snuggliest chicken in the world! they all are at night time but (alice) is the first to fly to your shoulder and snuggle under your hair or neck. she sat in my lap for about an hour in the house the other night while we watched hell's kitchen, neck stretched out over my leg, as happy as can be. then she got too hot and started panting, so i took her back out. she was reluctant, but she went, ha ha. we call the dusky time chicken 'night chicken'. that's when you can get some good lovin' in :eek:) around 9pm they all come onto the porch and start flying up at the screen door and making an awful racket, yes 'night sounds'. the brahmas are the loudest! and it's so cute cuz their voices are changing from peeps to boks!

too funny.

fun thread
smile.png

aw, how cute! i know that six weeks is too soon to be able to tell if my girls will be loving and sweet or not, nut i still have one easter egger named darla who i hope will be the same as yours!. you see, i gave up elenore the e.e. because i can only have three chickens and i really want a good variety. how did you get your chicks to trust you so much? mine will eat out of my hand and thats about it. sudden movements? walking upright? out of the question. that equals scared scattering chicks!

they are pretty skitty during the day, they run to me when i open the back door but if there's no treats, the disperse pretty quickly! it's at night when they're figuring out where to roost that they are the most receptive to lovins'. some more than others, but they all want a piece of our shoulders! alice is happy in a lap though, loves her little ee beard scratched. yours are probably still under a red lamp so thy don't know as well when night time really is. mine are old enough to have a routine now and part of that routine to them is crowding around the screen door, waiting for us to come out and spend some quality time together! if we don't, they eventually find their way to the coop. so sad
sad.png

try to get your snuggle time in at night. mine always hop up in the am to say hello, but they don't stay long. there are important, more chickeny things to do!
good luck! i hope you get at least one 'alice'!

Back
Top Bottom