Bored with the same ol' supper

MeatKing

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Near Ottawa Ontario Canada
What's a meal that you consider to be different the your same ol supper..
Looking for some new ideas, bored bored bored, we great cooks here.. just really stuck in a rut! I have a feeling many people feel this way! Thanks Everyone

I am trying more Asian and east Indian recipes and ingredients. Seasonings are really different, fun and delicious.

Usually I just pick a region of the world and go with that. A couple of years ago I went Russian/Ukranian. Fun, but heavy meals for the winters. I am also into Scottish right now, trying to learn more.

Go here! She has FABULOUS recipes and easy to do too
big_smile.png
We love everything we tried so far.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

When we get food bored, we crank up the grill no matter the outside temps. We grill in ice storms, snow, whatever...lol. It's the first best option to breaking the boredom cycle for us. It can be sick of chicken, and the grill gets going and we like chicken again all of a sudden. Maybe that would help?!

A few suggestions are enchladas (sp?), fajitas, breakfast wraps, pita pizzas, cheesy ham potatos (shedded hash browns, cubed ham, cheese, onion, sourcream, creme of chick soup). Usually when I am in a rut I will crack open one of my recipe books and find something different to make. Don't be scared to lie to them, my husband doesn't like very many foods, but I lie to him all the time about what is in a dish. He eats it, likes it and never knows he ate a food he "hates". I am evil!!

Quiche.

You can put almost anything in it (a favorite is shrimp and broccoli or spinach) and it uses up lots of those pesky eggs we have laying around.
big_smile.png

Pick a place. Here asian stir fries, pad thai, tacos, fetachuinni, tapas and the occasional americian dish hit the table fairly often.

Back
Top Bottom