Bought 12 eggs from ebay, incubator only fits 9. Any suggestions?

that's a shame lucy but how bad are the cracks? There is a chance to save a cracked egg. Often times it won't make it but if you seal the crack with candle wax there is a chance they can still hatch.
I've had little luck with cracked eggs so far but I have one in my incubator at the moment again, sealed it with wax and when I candled it tonight it was moving and doing well.
I don't think this crack was too severe so it depends. One time I dropped my thermometer on an egg which cracked it and the egg continued developing for 5 days then sadly gave up.

The best thing to do is candle the eggs. If liquid didn't come out of the eggs and the air cell hasn't become dislocated when candling then I'd try sealing with wax and see if they still make it.

Have you considered talking to the seller about it? 6 cracked out of 11 is not great, were they packaged badly or was it the post?

that's a shame lucy but how bad are the cracks? There is a chance to save a cracked egg. Often times it won't make it but if you seal the crack with candle wax there is a chance they can still hatch.
I've had little luck with cracked eggs so far but I have one in my incubator at the moment again, sealed it with wax and when I candled it tonight it was moving and doing well.
I don't think this crack was too severe so it depends. One time I dropped my thermometer on an egg which cracked it and the egg continued developing for 5 days then sadly gave up.

The best thing to do is candle the eggs. If liquid didn't come out of the eggs and the air cell hasn't become dislocated when candling then I'd try sealing with wax and see if they still make it.

Have you considered talking to the seller about it? 6 cracked out of 11 is not great, were they packaged badly or was it the post?
they were half smashed, liquid leaking out from the box when i opened it. The seller packaged the egg with bubble wrap and carefully put several more layers of bubble wrap outside the carton of eggs. Then, they put pine shaving around it. They put two fragile stickers on the box. I think at this point, this is the post offices workers that are throwing the boxes. I have not received a batch fo eggs this damaged before but there has definitely been some cracked ones before.

Back
Top Bottom