Bought this coop online... any reviews on these coops?

Quote:
Fantastic idea... I would so use something like that for a broody silkie and her chicks after for sure!
big_smile.png

You could always seriously just add on to it. I've added on to my starter coop twice now. I went from 4 chickens to 17 and then back down to 7. Now I got 9 on the way tonight! lol

Chickens... they're the gateway drug!!! You'll eventually need room for goats.
lau.gif

Seems to me for a few more dollars you could get a bigger shed from Home Depot if there is one near by. On another note there are plans that can be bought and you could have the lumber people cut it out and you could take home and assemble it. I no longer use nails and a nice cordless drill works wonders for me.

Check the web and I'm sure you'll finds plans with the pattern and the whole lay out. If money's an issue you could just have each piece cut out as you can afford it and then when you get everything put it together. That's how we did it with our bathroom remodel. Bought all the stuff. Stored it on our porch and then when we had all the things we needed ripped out the old and installed the new. Took us some months but at least it was paid for.

Plus there is a company that makes metal connectors such as things to hang stringers and studs. I used these to put a top on my run.

Well it arrived today and my poor wife put it together and it is,well a joke. She is very disappointed, as am I. she wrote a nice nasty review on the website.. which I'm sure will never see the light of day.. not only do I not feel safe putting them in there, once full grown, I think it would house MAYBE 2 of them at the most.... Coop design/building now has to go into high gear....

Quote:
Live and learn. Save it for a broody coop. I used two doghouses and a rabbit hutch made by the same company as broody coops. Good luck with our build. Post pictures!

I saw the Ware barn, new, inside the petstore and it was already warped and falling apart, though it was the "premium" version. That being said, I paid a lot of money for a PA Amish coop to be delivered assembled to CA and it has been VERY DISAPPOINTING! If I could do it over, I would go with Horizons Structures or the large Eglu cube or have a local contractor build one. I was only going to get 4 chickens, now I have 8 and another hatch about to happen.

Don't buy A coop... Build yer' own, I havent red all the post but i'll tell yah' ther is some get iders inthe coop section. You can build yoer, own for much less $$$ with a little more sweat and get one hella' coop. Chicken's ain't picky just build it to keep out the racoons and drunk neighbors and you will be up to yer' ears in eggs. wanna buy some eggs!!!!!

I build all my own pens for my breeders and save alot of $$$$$$$$$ doing so. It's not that hard to do at all. I take 2x4's and cut them in half length wise and that saves me alot of money also. I spend around $15 on every 5ft x 3ft x 3ft breeder pen I make myself. I could sell them for $100 easy. Good Luck you can do it!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Where are you and do you wanna get rid of it? Im in Sac, Ca.
If your close enough, I can also trade my time and experience to build you a solid coop.

I'm on the East coast, so it might be a bit of a drive for ya....but thanks..... GO CELTICS!

Back
Top Bottom