Bound with multiple eggs

Is she still alive? I would try to dry her feathers, and then let her alone, keeping her comfortable. Baths can sometimes be too stressful in weak hens. It may be something that a necropsy would show after death. Those can be done at home or by your state poultry vet to look for anything unusual. I do mine at home, and pictures of organs can be taken and shared here.

Is she still alive? I would try to dry her feathers, and then let her alone, keeping her comfortable. Baths can sometimes be too stressful in weak hens. It may be something that a necropsy would show after death. Those can be done at home or by your state poultry vet to look for anything unusual. I do mine at home, and pictures of organs can be taken and shared here.
I am keeping her warm and comfortable but she isn't moving at all. I will try to do a home necropsy.
Is there any way to prevent egg binding?

I'm so sorry. :hugs
Prevention is generally keeping hens as healthy as possible, but you would need to know the underlying cause. Some birds are more prone due to genetics, but it can happen with no previous issues, in any bird. Could be a glitch that started it, could be disease/infection caused, necropsy may have answers. Sometimes diet is a contributor, or just an unexplained snafu in the reproductive tract. Her age, and laying history might contain clues, or might not.

Well I don't think she was egg bound in the sense I was thinking. She had 3 full size yolks but no shells and nothing blocking the way that I could tell... As I mentioned before, for the couple days before she died she would lay in the nest for quite some time, hop up and sing but not leave an egg. She was healthy and happy when they went to bed and half dead the next morning. :idunno the other girls seem fine and I do all I can to keep them healthy.

Back
Top Bottom