Bourbon red hatch

trunkman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Rock Hill SC
I had problems with the hatch but I'm grateful for the few poults that did hatch.

I had 3 chicks and 3 poults hatch, the poults are on the right, one is pecking at my wife's ring.
big_smile.png

Sorry to hear about the problems. But congrats on the new poults. Looks like you have 2 of the lighter poults and one 1 dark one. I had a few of the lighter ones as well. We will try again getting more eggs to you. Nonetheless, the poults are beautiful. Congrats !!! :ya

congrats..i did not realize the difference in colors (the light & dark)..do they grow up to be the same color?

Here are a pic of some of my lighter BR's. I have one that is even lighter. I will try to take a pic of that one and post it. I'm on the fence as far as the lighter color. I think I prefer the darker color. I may have to get rid of all of mine and start off with another blood line for next year. :/

I hope I get it right this time, the sad thing is that all the eggs had fully developed, I think I lost them the night before the hatch when the temp dropped down to 95.
I took a good look at the incubator and realized the temp control is counter clockwise for increase and clockwise for decrease temperature, my natural instinct is just the opposite, I remember the temp being about 98 Friday night and I turned it clockwise to increase the temp so I actually dropped it, it was late and I was tired and went right to bed, so I'm about 99 percent sure that is what happened. Your eggs were very good kuntrygirl, I'll just have to be careful in the future.
old.gif

Here are a pic of some of my lighter BR's. I have one that is even lighter. I will try to take a pic of that one and post it. I'm on the fence as far as the lighter color. I think I prefer the darker color. I may have to get rid of all of mine and start off with another blood line for next year.
hmm.png

I like the color, very pretty, do you have pics of the darker ones you have?

I hope I get it right this time, the sad thing is that all the eggs had fully developed, I think I lost them the night before the hatch when the temp dropped down to 95.
I took a good look at the incubator and realized the temp control is counter clockwise for increase and clockwise for decrease temperature, my natural instinct is just the opposite, I remember the temp being about 98 Friday night and I turned it clockwise to increase the temp so I actually dropped it, it was late and I was tired and went right to bed, so I'm about 99 percent sure that is what happened. Your eggs were very good kuntrygirl, I'll just have to be careful in the future.
:old

Don't beat yourself up about it. Sometimes things happen. It's ok. We'll try again and see what happens. :D

Here are a pic of some of my lighter BR's. I have one that is even lighter. I will try to take a pic of that one and post it. I'm on the fence as far as the lighter color. I think I prefer the darker color. I may have to get rid of all of mine and start off with another blood line for next year. :/

I like the color, very pretty, do you have pics of the darker ones you have?

Not sure if you wanted to see pics of the darker ones from hatches from this year or in the past but here are some pics of the ones that i hatched in prior years. Same blood line with what you just hatched.

Back
Top Bottom