Bourbon Red Turkeys AKA Animal Control (PICS AND STORY INCLUDED)

I love the story!!
gig.gif
It makes me miss my bourbon reds.
hit.gif

Quote:
Do you plan on getting more?

I am looking around for different breeders here on BYC and links to breeders. I want to avoid hatchery stock as much as possible.

Quote:
Do you plan on getting more?

I am looking around for different breeders here on BYC and links to breeders. I want to avoid hatchery stock as much as possible.

Good luck. I hope you find some. I got my first Bourbon Red turkeys years ago from a local breeder. I have never bought from a hatchery.

I wish I had your turkeys when my sister's guinea got lost....she was gone for two weeks when some mystery person showed up at our door and told us our guinea had been hanging out in a neighborhood across a busy street in her bushes...we tried to catch that bird all day (Two weeks of fending for herself, and she was very wild!)! We had to use a dog crate, our other guinea, a blanket, and food to get her back! We stuck our male guinea in the back of the crate w/ a divider to keep him in, covered the crate for privacy (and to block the female's view of us), and placed some mealworms inside the open door.

They were super attached to eachother, and she finally walked inside. I had to sneak up and shut the door on her...it would have been SO much easier if we had turkeys like yours! Maybe I need to add turkeys to my flock....now to begin some reasearch...thanks for sharing your story!

Back
Top Bottom