boy did we get a suprise!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ant, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ant

Ant Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Coastal South Carolina
    We ordered 15 easter eggers in June...5 are now living with a friend at her farm, 5 are living at my school where I teach, and for the first time ever, 5 came home with me! The chicks were suposed to all girls...the other morning...my son's "girl" sang a lovely rendition of "cockle-doodle-doo"! Bella, now called Bello, is living at school. Our neighbors would not have appreciated his wake-up calls like we would! And then to boot...my little Cheo has a bad case of crooked beak! We couldn't believe our luck...crooked beak and a rooster!! I was going to call the company we ordered our chicks from, but what's the point? I't not like we'll trade Bello or Cleo in! Anyway...that's the news from our house! Have a great day!

2. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Aren't they so funny with that very first cock-a-doodle-doo!! We have 8 roos that are 11-12 weeks and they are just starting to crow! OH my! One sounds like he is gargling! [​IMG] The others sound like squeaky teenage boy voices! Soo funny! Oh and [​IMG]! Great help, info and peeps on this site!

3. Ant

Ant Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Coastal South Carolina
    I am bummed that we had to bring Bello to school instead ofkeeping him at our house...i love their calls, too! This web site is awesome! I love talking to other "chicken whisperers". (That is what a friend of mine calls me!) Have a good night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by