boy or girl? Ameraucana

chickenteacher2

Songster
7 Years
Apr 24, 2012
Desert, S. CA
Very large breasted....the bigges of my 3, aggressive. Started seeing a comb today at 5 weeks, but all the feathers look roundish to me. "Ameraucana" from My Pet Chicken....white with a little gray here and there

Yeah, this one with the 3 rows of comb....definitely boy, but he's going to be pretty. Trying to show the splash of color here and there among the white feathers. BIG boy! Almost 6 weeks.

Most hatcheries/feed stores sell EEs as Americanas/Ameraucanas/Araucanas/etc. Ameraucanas have 8 recognized colors and slate legs. They are very strict on what is and isn't an Ameraucana, and this particular color doesn't fit any of the standard colors.
You can read more about the differences between the breeds here:
http://www.ameraucana.org/faq.html

The yellow in the background.....sorry, that's as close and still as I could get of the comb.

Muffs came in this week for all 3.

View of the back....doesn't help, I know, but look at the coloring. Greener legs.

OOPS, I just realized I messed up my threads....I should've put the yellow one on my other thread. The white one, I NOW know is a cockerel.....the yellow one I'm not sure about. gotta go post them again in the right place. LOL
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom