Boys or Girls? If boys, reverse chicken math wil be needed!

Im pretty sure that the speckled Sussex is a roo! But the other chicken is a very pretty girl you got!

Quote:
X2! Wondering if she looked anything like mine?

96063_img_8782.jpg

96063_img_9002.jpg

I have a SS sexed pullet as does my mom (split an order) and they both look very much like yours in the face. We're a couple of weeks behind you so the tail feathers aren't that long but they are a bit pointy. I think that's normal for this breed. Unless they start curling downward, I'd presume pullet.

Your EE also looks like a girl to me. They can be very spirited so don't take a touch of crazy to mean that it's a boy.
wink.png

Here's a (bad) pic of my EE as a baby, I'll see if I can find a better pic later.

82151_ee_chick.jpg

I'm really thinking that SS might be a roo, but have nothing really to go off of on for that idea other than the tail. I think I'll find a home for he/she/it and just give fair warning that the chicken's gender is not firmly established.
roll.png

glad_hundegård :

Here's a (bad) pic of my EE as a baby, I'll see if I can find a better pic later.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/82151_ee_chick.jpg

I'm really thinking that SS might be a roo, but have nothing really to go off of on for that idea other than the tail. I think I'll find a home for he/she/it and just give fair warning that the chicken's gender is not firmly established.
roll.png

Thanks for the picture! Amazing how much they can change! Who knew all those colors would come out! I'm holding onto hope that my EE that looks like yours (as a chick) is a girl too! Sending you girly vibes and hoping both turn out to be ladies!​

Back
Top Bottom