Boys or Girls?

Adammacaskill

Hatching
10 Years
Aug 24, 2009
Hey guys,

I have been reading and looking and everyday I change my mind If i have a roo or two amongst my flock, as unfortunatly we are not allowed Roo`s where I live.

Please help put me out of my misery
tongue.png

39852_082.jpg

I really hope she is a she as i think she is soo pretty

39852_080.jpg

The one on the right is the one i think may be a roo, here is a close up

39852_077.jpg

Thanks in advance!

PS: They were all sold too me as pullets.

I was hoping you wouldnt say that
sad.png

Why do you say Roo? is it because of the waddles/comb?

here is another pic of the rir that I am worried about.

39852_079.jpg

Last edited:
it looks to me as if you have all roos!!!! someone took you. How old are they? yes the waddles and combs are red and big and tail feathers are making me think roos.

I was worried about that ...
sad.png

About 4 months i think, not exactly sure tho. nobody is crowing or laying yet

No way they're 4 months.. If they were 4month old boys, they would look WAAAAAAAAAAAY rooster-ey-er than they do, and if they're girls they should be laying...

EDIT:: wait a minute.. I cant count.. 4 months ='s 16weeks Silly me... just ignore everything above

The black doesnt seem to have the long manly saddle feathers, but his/her face is REALLY red, and the RIR has a small ish come (smaller than my Australorp Pullet whose 6months-ish) but s/he has got curly-ish saddle feathers...

Last edited:
I got the red girls on the 1st july, and was told they were bewteen 6-8 weeks then. so that should make them about 4 months now. ish? and I got the black one a little later, but asumed he/she was maybe a little bit older based on size.

To make it more confusing the black one was mounting one of my older isa brown hens the other day, but still have not heard any crowing at all
Yeah I cannot see any saddle feathers on the black one, they all seem to be round. and i read somewhere that austalorps (which i assume she is at least partly) are known to have big combs and wattles in hens..was hoping maybe she is nearly ready to lay?

And yeah i think i can see the saddle feathers starting on the older looking RIR, and he/she seems to stand taller more like a rooster, but no crowing..
sad.png

LOL the more i think about it and research the more i seem to get confused!!

Last edited:
If I had a dollar for every "brain cramp" I've had over my many years I could afford to pay someone to take care of my chickens for me.

Back
Top Bottom