Boys?? Or Girls??

Evelle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
North Idaho
so i have 5 blues swedish ducks they are about 6 months old
4 of them have gray bills and 1 only 1 has a greenish bill
no curlley qs on tail that i see do i have all girls or is the one with the green bill a boy/girl
when do i see the curls on the tail i thought i see them by now.
im soo scared if i dont have a boy and girl my husband is going to cull all of them but if i do i can keep the a pair
HELP!!!
hu.gif

Yes, pick them up one by one and sort by the "quack". Your girls will protest loud and clear and your boys won't make the same noise at all. Also, it is likely at that age that the green bill is a boy and the black bills are girls. Your boys should also have a curly feather (but not all of the time, molts will change this in the summer). In the fall and spring the boys have the drake feather. Blue Swedes will have some difference in the head color I think, but the voice is the most distinctive. When you get to know it, you will hear the girls start to make happy girl noises as early as 3 - 4 weeks old. The only problem with that is they are happy at dinner with their buds and I can't ever tell WHO is chortling... but boys don't do it. By 6 weeks the voice is pretty easy to tell.

okay so ive tried to sort them. by sound.
im still stumped
hmm.png
i found my calender and they about 19 weeks old so i should be getting eggs soon if i have females right??
i hope i get better at this the longer i have them. so i guess i just need to sit and wait.

Back
Top Bottom