boys or girls

tonyjg

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 18, 2013

Last edited:
I am going to guess girl girl boy. I have no idea ....I rolled my dice and the number was even girl odd boy and that's how the dice rolled. It is really tough to sex chickens as they feather out. When newly hatched some hatcheries pay a lot of money for people to squeeze the chicks to see.....Really it was on Dirty Jobs once. Others can tell from feathers of newly hatched chicks. But once they start to feather out it is a lot harder to tell until the combs start to turn and the cockerals comb turn brighter sooner than the pullets - oh and they crow too. Really goofy sounding at first but they get better with time.

Some breeds like Cream Leg Bars the males all have white dots on their heads and the females don't. Red and black sex links also look different but the next generation will not be sex links. If your three chicks are the same breed - then the lighter one might be male.

Sorry I am not so helpful. you will definitely know in a dozen or so weeks.

Caroline

welcome-byc.gif
the first chick looks very demure, so I'll guess female. The middle chick looks very confident, I'll say boy, and the last chick I can't see well enough to guess.

Back
Top Bottom