Boys vs Girls....???

Jinojoca

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 10, 2013
Here are photos of our chickens. All are 12 weeks old. I put colored bands on a leg to help distinguish one from another. Please let me know what you think we have. Thanks!

White band....

Blue band.....

Red band....

Black band.....

Yellow band....

Thanks, again, for any insight!
Maureen

It looks like you've got all roosters, Barred Plymouth Rock is the breed of all of them. Sorry if you weren't expecting roo's.

Ouch!
We were told 2 were Domoniques and 3 were Cuckoo Marans. Does that change any opinions?

Ouch!
We were told 2 were Domoniques and 3 were Cuckoo Marans. Does that change any opinions?

Hmmm, I'll admit I thought at first sight they were Barred Rocks, and Barred Rocks that color are male. I don't have much experience with Dominiques. However, I've never seen a pullet with that much red comb at 12 weeks, not even my Marans which have very large combs as hens. I would still say cockerels.

Huh, I just realized the comb difference. Can you get a close-up pic of the comb on Blue Band and Red Band? They look like Dominiques comb-wise because these chickens seem to have a rose comb.

Quote:

Here are close up snapshots of the two Dominiques.

This is Blue...very personable. Always the last one out of the coop, usually off away from the crowd, likes to be pet, jumps up on your hand

This is red...a little bit more standoff-ish, usually follows the crowd around the yard.

Thanks so much for your input!

Back
Top Bottom