BR cockerel or pullet?

luv dem chicks

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Lunachick (on right) was delivered by US Postal Service 2nd week of May with 4 other chicks. All were supposed to be pullets, but this chick has confused me since I opened the box. Seems to "rule the roost". Hazzard a guess anyone???

84792_dscf6439.jpg

84792_dscf6450.jpg

84792_dscf6445.jpg

84792_dscf6442.jpg

Below is Lunachick with a sister from same group:

84792_dscf6452.jpg

Thanks for any information!!!

PS - What are saddle feathers?

I"m new to BR's but in my experience, Dude looks like a Lady! He seems too light colored to be a gal. Here's my guy who had us all guessing a while back because he was darker than most BR roos. I put his pics here and we had about 60 percent roo votes.
94595_madge_3.jpg

And another pic:
94595_madge_1.jpg

He was supposed to be a girl too but it has become quite clear that he isn't. Now we're the only folks I know with a rooster named Madge.

He's really sweet though...

Saddle feathers are the pretty long, tapered feathers that grow down from the back near the tail. Hackle feathers are a shorter version that are on the neck.

Thanks everyone, Legs and feathers much lighter than other four, I realize this doesn't always mean anything... Speckled Hen, sorry about your Lexie...Shouldn't have named this chick...don't want to get too attached to any of them, but I guess it's inevitable! Here's one more shot...

84792_dscf6451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom