BR Rooster?

I have the opposite problem. I have a cockerel who won't Crow and has recently started doing an egg song. He gets me all excited and then I go down to the coop to find Bruce Henner messing with me again.
You have the "opposite problem"??? Can you share a photo of Bruce? How old is he/she? If Bruce really IS a cockeral or cock who won't crow, I'd LOVE to take that "problem" off your hands. Would like to have a rooster, but don't want the crowing.

You have the "opposite problem"??? Can you share a photo of Bruce? How old is he/she? If Bruce really IS a cockeral or cock who won't crow, I'd LOVE to take that "problem" off your hands. Would like to have a rooster, but don't want the crowing.
Oh he's a cockerel alright. His real name is Rooster Cogbarne but if he keeps ups the egg songs I may change it it Bruce Henner after all. He's a 20 week old barnevelder but I don't have plans to re-home him currently.
20190819_184047.jpg

An alarm call sounds much like the 'egg song'.
The 'egg song' is more about locating the rest of the flock than announcing an egg about to be or just laid.
Both genders make this vocalization.
Well he has finally started crowing at 20.5 weeks. Yesterday he started and it's the most God awful thing you've ever heard. The senior roo just watches him and looks disappointed lol

Update! We figured out what that weird crowing attempt each morning at 7 am on the dot was. Our 4 month old frizzled polish laid her first egg!! Her egg song is nothing like the bawk bawk bawk baKawk we were expecting and more like a baaaaaaawk lol. Super exciting morning to find our first egg! Also glad we gave Lucy a chance thanks to y’all

Attachments

• C9F2E610-FE80-4775-A17B-4F7EBA5378CB.jpeg
    C9F2E610-FE80-4775-A17B-4F7EBA5378CB.jpeg
    931.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 6DBB5945-C07D-4AF5-B574-D9104C538F9D.jpeg
    6DBB5945-C07D-4AF5-B574-D9104C538F9D.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom