Bra incubation

Pics

BrittnyChicks

Songster
Jan 9, 2023
Hello everyone! :) I do hope you are all well.
Last time, I posted a thread about bra incubation questions.
We visited a farm (3 days ago), and the farmer gave us a batch of about 10 quail eggs.
To be completely honest, I wasn't even sure if they are fertile, as I am a COMPLETE beginner to "egg candling and hatching". :confused:

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but I think the egg is on Day 2 today. I started incubating the egg on 28th of January 2023, That was day 0, right?
So that means yesterday was day 1 and today's day 2. I'm still really new to this so.. :idunno

I have 1 propped in my bra, completely snug. :love
Quail eggs need to have about 99.5-100 degrees right? Well, I'm kind of a celsius user, but I do know that 100 degrees is around 37.7 celsius.
I know I'm not 37.7 celsius, but I am on the "hotter" version if that makes sense lol, (So my parents are around 36.7 celsius, my brother, he's quite young, so he ranges around 37.1-37.4, so I'm quite warm :yesss:). My average body temp ranges from 36.9-37.4 ish celsius. (I don't have a fever or a cold lol if your wondering).
I also added 3 extra layers of clothing to keep it warmer, so I'm guessing it's really warm in there.
I probably wouldn't have tried this if I was under 37 celsius, but I'm not, so here we try!

I've loved looking through loads of other people's attempts, and I feel ready to try some myself!
Anyways, I thought I would talk you guys through how I'm doing this, I wouldn't mind if some people join in as well! :highfive:
1. Firstly, you need a fertile egg :lol: Like I said, I'm useless to ask if you want candling questions, (ngl i'm gonna ask so much candling questions :lau)
JUST TO CLARIFY, I'm not sure if the egg is fertile at the moment, so I'm hoping the eggs fertile, as it's still day 2, so it's hard to tell.
2. Prop it some place comfortable in your bra! ;)
3. Wait.
My least favorite step.

I'll gladly answer your questions!
I'm updating this thread quite often as well! :frow

Hello everyone! :) I do hope you are all well.
Last time, I posted a thread about bra incubation questions.
We visited a farm (3 days ago), and the farmer gave us a batch of about 10 quail eggs.
To be completely honest, I wasn't even sure if they are fertile, as I am a COMPLETE beginner to "egg candling and hatching". :confused:

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but I think the egg is on Day 2 today. I started incubating the egg on 28th of January 2023, That was day 0, right?
So that means yesterday was day 1 and today's day 2. I'm still really new to this so.. :idunno

I have 1 propped in my bra, completely snug. :love
Quail eggs need to have about 99.5-100 degrees right? Well, I'm kind of a celsius user, but I do know that 100 degrees is around 37.7 celsius.
I know I'm not 37.7 celsius, but I am on the "hotter" version if that makes sense lol, (So my parents are around 36.7 celsius, my brother, he's quite young, so he ranges around 37.1-37.4, so I'm quite warm :yesss:). My average body temp ranges from 36.9-37.4 ish celsius. (I don't have a fever or a cold lol if your wondering).
I also added 3 extra layers of clothing to keep it warmer, so I'm guessing it's really warm in there.
I probably wouldn't have tried this if I was under 37 celsius, but I'm not, so here we try!

I've loved looking through loads of other people's attempts, and I feel ready to try some myself!
Anyways, I thought I would talk you guys through how I'm doing this, I wouldn't mind if some people join in as well! :highfive:
1. Firstly, you need a fertile egg :lol: Like I said, I'm useless to ask if you want candling questions, (ngl i'm gonna ask so much candling questions :lau)
JUST TO CLARIFY, I'm not sure if the egg is fertile at the moment, so I'm hoping the eggs fertile, as it's still day 2, so it's hard to tell.
2. Prop it some place comfortable in your bra! ;)
3. Wait.
My least favorite step.

I'll gladly answer your questions!
I'm updating this thread quite often as well! :frow
Wait... that's a thing?!?:eek:

What do you do at night? I’m imagining you could roll over and crush the egg. How often do you turn it? Have you stuck a thermometer in your bra to check the temp in there?
Really just curious don’t think I’d be one for trying these unusual incubating methods but I’ve been known to have an orphaned mammal in my bra from time to time

What do you do at night? I’m imagining you could roll over and crush the egg. How often do you turn it? Have you stuck a thermometer in your bra to check the temp in there?
Really just curious don’t think I’d be one for trying these unusual incubating methods but I’ve been known to have an orphaned mammal in my bra from time to time
Same here! I've had to keep some little ones warm in there... got a whole lot of wierd looks when my shirt started chirping :lau I couldn't imagine incubating an egg like that though! Pretty neat idea if it works, but I'd be too scared to try... 😶

Same here! I've had to keep some little ones warm in there... got a whole lot of wierd looks when my shirt started chirping :lau I couldn't imagine incubating an egg like that though! Pretty neat idea if it works, but I'd be too scared to try... 😶
I used to wrap my ducklings up in my scarf or dressing gown. Looked totally normal until I started chirping 😂

Back
Top Bottom