Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

annabelle254... you already know I think they are great!
Nice to see you over here. I am getting now, and have gotten all spring, almost an egg a day/bird (say 61/2/bird/week). They are medium size now but were smaller earlier this spring. Here's my boss roo commenting on my clean out job! They laid all winter, with an electric light, 4-5/bird/week. Jan

O, WOW...That is good to hear!!! I love your babies...as you already know! because you are the reason I am over here! haha Where did you get yours from? do you do hatching eggs??? I have to wait till next year but their is no harm in drooling over them till then
lau.gif
...(Well, to be honest, I want a few crested breeds...but dont tell my husband
big_smile.png
....he is still mumbling about all the babies this year
rant.gif
idunno.gif
...but he is warming up too them every day
love.gif
)

annabelle.. I PMed you.

I've been hatching a few of my own eggs I got 3 out of 5 and 4 out of 4. 77% from a small sample... but from year old + adult hens not pullets. The 2 non hatched were developed, as you said , Carla, probably @ day 18. So far the chicks have been healthy and active.

Last edited:
good to know...as I will (hopefully) be able to use my silkies next year! here is to hoping one or two out of the 8 are girls!!!!
lau.gif
at 3 weeks I already have one with a big comb developing!!!!
barnie.gif

Howdy folks!

Floppsy is the App Spitz who has a vitamin deficiency she is 5 months old. At least when we give her the vitamin you recommended (Poly-vi-sol) she gets better.

I went out this AM to let them out and she was outside the coop 12' away, just sett'n on the dirt. she must not have gotten in the night before.

Very lethargic and she is trembling - mostly her head, neck shoulders area - like she has Parkinson's disease.

Any ideas?

Could this be the onset of LLV?

Back
Top Bottom