Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
not allowed because I live i-town. My wonderful neighbor notified the police already. Last time this happened I asked her wait until I rehomed them and she did. But this time she did not wait or talk with me.

Ugh .. Neighbors ....
rant.gif

Flower,
I would be willing to take one of your Brabanter roos if you can figure out a way to get him to me. From what you've posted, it sounds like they're non-aggressive. I don't have any other roos to worry about fighting, but I do have 2 kids, so I can't have an aggressive roo. Albuquerque has pretty chicken-friendly laws. We're allowed up to 15 chickens, including 1 roo anywhere in the city limits. You can still get noise complaints, but we live down in the "valley" which has a more rural feel. The people behind us have a rooster, so I don't imagine we'd have any problem.

Hello! I have three cream brabanters, a rooster and two hens that I hatched in my incubator. My rooster, and one pullet has the nice crest, but the other pullet has more of the polish crest. I just love them. They're petite, for a large fowl, and they have the cutest personalities. Love to be petted and held. The rooster will fall asleep in my arms if I rub the back of his head.....

Just wanted to share.

Hello again!

I just got my first little white egg from my pullet that came from Ideal. I think she's the prettiest. The ones I hatched came from Texas, and they are cute, but I know they're not real good examples of the Brabanter. So they'll just have to be pets. I'd love to share some pics, but I still can't figure out how to do that here......ARG

My rooster has some crooked toes. In fact, I had three roosters hatch, and two I've had to cull because of the crooked toes. The NPIP lady that came to inspect my flock, and I believe she's a vet, told me that crooked toes came from the mother if all the males had crooked toes. I know next to nothing about genetics. I guess that's what I get for ordering eggs online, and not knowing anything about the person I got them from.

I sold my incubator after that heartbreak. It was only the second time I used it. I just don't have the heart for hatching.......I like ordering chicks.....It's less worrysome.

If that is the case, you better CULL all of them out because crooked toes are hard to eliminate.

I was hoping it was not one certain person but sometimes incubation can cause crooked toes but not THAT extreme of a number.

Back
Top Bottom