Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Thanks, on the FB page. It looks like people may ship hatching eggs though not chicks.

Most of what I've even seeing is eggs. Oh well. I don't have an incubator.

I see someone selling eggs too. I have friend with incubator who can hatch them for me if I pay electric extra part. I read some about hatch rate lower in shipped eggs but trying to decide due to my budget. I'd rather get chicks too. We may have to wait and get them from a hatchery. :-(

Last edited:
I see someone selling eggs too. I have friend with incubator who can hatch them for me if I pay electric extra part. I read some about hatch rate lower in shipped eggs but trying to decide due to my budget. I'd rather get chicks too. We may have to wait and get them from a hatchery. :-(
I got my Brabanter chicks from Ideal Poultry. I put myself on the waiting list for them around July 2014 sometime. They contacted me in Oct. 2014 and stated that if I still wanted them, I had to contact them with payment info. My chicks hatched March 9, 2015 and I got them on March 10th. They are adorable, feisty, friendly, and so funny to watch. I also hatched some eggs from a private breeder in NC to add to my group. They are only 1 week apart in age so it worked out well.

I called Ideal Poultry, none til next year. I put my name on waiting list. I can't reach H and H Poultry. Keep trying. I like the gold brabanters. One day.
1f609.png

I called Ideal Poultry, none til next year. I put my name on waiting list. I can't reach H and H Poultry. Keep trying. I like the gold brabanters. One day.
1f609.png
http://www.nantahala-farm.com/chickens-brabanter-cream-s.shtml

You might try this lady for hatching eggs. I incubated her Dominiques (8 of 8) and Cream Brabanters (8 (maybe only 6?, seems like a long time ago LOL) of 10) and had a good hatch. She packs them very well so it is up to the post office to not scramble them for you. LOL

There is also a FB group for Brabanters and I see lots of Creams and Golds hatching eggs and chicks.

Last edited:
I have a lady's # that sells Brabanters. If you'd like it, pm me. She's in AL. She doesn't have a website though. I met her at a show. Nice lady, nice chickens. :)

So my chick Gloria is 9 weeks old now. Do you all think she might still be a girl? I got a little worried when I saw pink where her wattles will be. I hope 9 weeks is not too young for that in a girl.

I took a lot of photos. I wish some of them had turned out clearer.

I've been trying to look at hackles and saddle feathers, but it's hard when it's white on white and not much black. She doesn't like me to get too close, either.

So my chick Gloria is 9 weeks old now. Do you all think she might still be a girl? I got a little worried when I saw pink where her wattles will be. I hope 9 weeks is not too young for that in a girl.

I took a lot of photos. I wish some of them had turned out clearer.

I've been trying to look at hackles and saddle feathers, but it's hard when it's white on white and not much black. She doesn't like me to get too close, either.
My spitz was supposed to be a professional sexed rooster and looked like a rooster for a long time, then at around 6 months she finally filled out like a hen and then started laying

Back
Top Bottom