Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
My 9 week old Brabanters from Ideal are still funky looking little girls and only 1 from the 4 remaining looks promising but I plan on keeping them for a while.

31570_img_0010.jpg

Here are pics of my Brabanters. They are active, so it's hard to get good pictures. In the first picture, the one on the left has a crest like a Polish. Cute, but doesn't look like a Brabanter. The one on the right is my favorite, personality-wise. She has the smallest crest, but it is pretty upright. Not very good spangling. In the second picture, the one closest to the front is the one I think looks closest to standard. The one in the back has a crest that looks crossed with a Polish (slightly tipped back & a few feathers leaning loose to the sides). I don't plan to breed. They do add interest to my mixed backyard flock.

56689_img_0017-copy.jpg

56689_img_0012.jpg

How is everyone's Brabanters and Spitzes Of my six remaining Ideal pullets, one has spina bifida and very scant tophat. The other three look nice except according to the coloration and the increasing long tailfeathers, two look like roosters to be, the remaining one is a pullet. Oh dear, I have a problem again, two roosters to many.

Back
Top Bottom