Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
I'd like to post pics of my Cream Brabanter chicks, but BYC won't allow it because I'm new here.
sad.png

I am going to try to get out & get new pics of mine this weekend. My broody is still broody, I have some eggs coming for her on Thursday. Hopefully she will stay on them, as she will have been broody for almost 2 weeks by that point.

Quote:
She would be alright! Some of the determined broodies like my Orp girl would stay broody for almost two and half months until I got her some chicks.

None of my Spitz eggs hatched. My broody broke one a night starting at about a week before they hatched. She didn't eat them, and there were no chicks inside. When I finally opened the rest the day after they were suppsed to hatch, they were rotten. It looked like some bacteria got into them early on.
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Oh oh oh I have to have some!!!!! They are so cute. I love showing the different kinds of chickens to kids and they'd love these too.

Are they tiny like Spitz or Silver Spangeled Hamburgs or a little bigger like the size of Ideal's lightweight EE or a Comet/prod Red?

Back
Top Bottom