Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
Here are the pics of my four gold brabanters and a gold spitzhaben.They are three months old now.
50971_june_pics_009.jpg
50971_june_pics_007.jpg
50971_june_pics_008.jpg

Quote:
The bird standing in the middle is a Rooster.............................................................chrisf

Brabanters hatch in lots of combinations. I usually get at least one and sometimes more beardless birds in a hatch, and also some with no crests. This last hatch gave me beards, one no crest, 3 fluffy crests, and one OK..... That is why you have to cull...

24_all_chicks.jpg

Sounds like Brabanters have to go thru alot of culling. Probably just as bad as Spitzhaubens when you are talking about crests and wattles LOL!

I am kind of suspecious if the combination of GLHamburgs and Spitzhaubens or Brabanters were used in the breeding program to start the Gold Brabanters.

I was only going to keep the Brabanter rooster on the left in the above picture, but I found him dead a few minutes ago.

He somehow got caught between the shadescreen on the side of his run and the fence. He couldn't back out and most likely died from heat exposure and dehydration. It is 104° right now. He had not been dead long, and if I had gone outside to check on the birds earlier I might have saved him. Poor guy.
hit.gif

Oh I am so sorry! Darn birds keep getting into stuff they should not have been! Hope you can raise some more to get better roos for your flock!

I wrote:
I was only going to keep the Brabanter rooster on the left in the above picture, but I found him dead a few minutes ago.

He somehow got caught between the shadescreen on the side of his run and the fence. He couldn't back out and most likely died from heat exposure and dehydration. It is 104° right now. He had not been dead long, and if I had gone outside to check on the birds earlier I might have saved him. Poor guy.

I was wrong. It was one of the pullets that died, not a cockerel. Still tragic...​

Back
Top Bottom