Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
I hatched out 6 cream brabanters this spring and got a very interesting outcome.
2 cream brabanters 1 silver brabanter and 1 golden brabanter also 1 blue and 1 black
I have pictures of some of them to share
80992_dscn0155.jpg
80992_dscn0097.jpg
80992_dscn0147.jpg
80992_dscn0154.jpg
80992_dscn0156.jpg
80992_dscn0157.jpg

Quote:
Ooh, the silver is gorgeous! Do you have a pic of the blue? I'd love to find some blue brabanters! Right now I just have the gold.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oooh, I like the blue (from what I can tell
tongue.png
). I wonder how the person you got the eggs from ended up with so many different colors coming from their hatching eggs? I'd love to figure out how to get blue Brabanters. Can you even get blue from using golds? What would the cross be to get there? My golds are still young, so I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself; I still need to get the quality of the golds to a good point. I'm just a sucker for blue chickens.
lol.png

Quote:
Very curious as to the parents of this group......the black one has black legs and some of their faces look like they've been mixed with Ameraucana......it is a good start for working on different colors though if that is the plan.............................................chrisf

Funny you mention Ameraucanas this breeder happens to have Ameraucanas although she swears the cream brabanters were separated for 4 weeks pryer to me getting the hatching eggs. Out of the six I got 1 cream roo and all the rest are hens good for me to try and hatch out some more interesting color skeems. The woman herself has never got anything but creams and I did see her birds all cream colored. Next spring I will try to hatch some eggs from each hen and see what comes of it.
Don

Bingo!.........................................................................................chrisf

You'll get some really interesting color schemes out of those hatches, I imagine. Please post pics of those chicks when you do hatch some. I bet they'll be adorable!
big_smile.png
Does the lady you got your eggs from ever ship? Tell her to let her blue roo jump the fence again so I can get some.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom