Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Pics
momma-hen wrote:
She is gorgeous! Do all your birds carry the tail that high?

Thanks for the kind words.

Not all of my Brabanters carry their tails high, but most look pretty good.​

Quote:
Oh stop being so realistic
tongue.png

lol! Sorry, I was trying to prepare myself for being very picky when choosing the birds to keep when I start hatching (hopefully) next year. I like all of mine, even the 2 itty bitty ones.
tongue.png

Quote:
wow shes really pretty! this is an intresting looking breed. im surprised that not many people have them.

Patricia is beatiful! Most of mine carry their tails pretty well, but a couple have wing carriage that I'm not too enamored with. I think there are a lot of people that have never heard of the breed. I hadn't heard of them until this past winter. Then, I got the mindset that I just HAD to have some.
roll.png
They're very neat birds and really do need more publicity.

Quote:
Oh stop being so realistic
tongue.png

lol! Sorry, I was trying to prepare myself for being very picky when choosing the birds to keep when I start hatching (hopefully) next year. I like all of mine, even the 2 itty bitty ones.
tongue.png

Quote:
wow shes really pretty! this is an intresting looking breed. im surprised that not many people have them.

Patricia is beatiful! Most of mine carry their tails pretty well, but a couple have wing carriage that I'm not too enamored with. I think there are a lot of people that have never heard of the breed. I hadn't heard of them until this past winter. Then, I got the mindset that I just HAD to have some.
roll.png
They're very neat birds and really do need more publicity.

Thats what my avatar is about. I've got tons of comments on her. Lots have asked what she is. They are also both little hams and are in almost every picture, so if I am showing off another bird, or asking a question about them, one of the brabanters are in the picture. I always get a comment about them.

Cant wait until they are grown!

Thats what my avatar is about. I've got tons of comments on her. Lots have asked what she is. They are also both little hams and are in almost every picture, so if I am showing off another bird, or asking a question about them, one of the brabanters are in the picture. I always get a comment about them.

foo foo and fi fi are quite nice looking. Where did you get them?​

Last edited:
Quote:
foo foo and fi fi are quite nice looking. Where did you get them?

Thank you. I actually was looking for a dark egg layer and found a guy on craigslist that had a welsummer and several other chicks. Well you know you cant get one cause they would be lonely while on quarantine. So we thought we would get some other (they were 5-6 weeks old) and he had the two brabanters and two salmon faverolles for $4 each. Then he had 4 chicks for $10 (two white and two bo). We ended up with 9 chicks, only wanting 1
ep.gif
He ordered a bunch of chicks from Ideal (you know incase you loose some, he knew chicken math too) and now was selling the extras.

Course now we have decided to keep all of them lol, well we are giving away 1 white leghorn and 1 bo that we had got from him oh and the welsummer that is either really a brown leghorn or a welsummer with white ear lobes.
hmm.png

I am happy I went there though, cause I would have never known how cool these guys are.

Quote:
foo foo and fi fi are quite nice looking. Where did you get them?

Thank you. I actually was looking for a dark egg layer and found a guy on craigslist that had a welsummer and several other chicks. Well you know you cant get one cause they would be lonely while on quarantine. So we thought we would get some other (they were 5-6 weeks old) and he had the two brabanters and two salmon faverolles for $4 each. Then he had 4 chicks for $10 (two white and two bo). We ended up with 9 chicks, only wanting 1
ep.gif
He ordered a bunch of chicks from Ideal (you know incase you loose some, he knew chicken math too) and now was selling the extras.

Course now we have decided to keep all of them lol, well we are giving away 1 white leghorn and 1 bo that we had got from him oh and the welsummer that is either really a brown leghorn or a welsummer with white ear lobes.
hmm.png

I am happy I went there though, cause I would have never known how cool these guys are.

what color is ur white ear lobed welsummers legs?

Quote:
ep.gif

hmm.png

what color is ur white ear lobed welsummers legs?

Here she is. I guess yellow.
Image33.jpg

Image2-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom