Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Sager I know nothing about the breed how do i find out things like show quality etc, I bought them from and older man who was selling of his stock of rare breeds these were hatched from eggs from a breeder, that had imported stock. Gonna go back and see him next week to get a few more things and get more info on the breeder. the roo is a little over a year, the pullet is under a year, she was hatched from eggs from the roo and his mate, sadly predators got the hen and the other babies were sold off already. how rare are the gold one in the US i cannot find anyone who has them?

i dont know to much of the breeed myself i was ginna get some silver spangeld spitzy and most of the ones werent very good they didnt even have the crest pointing forward but im in canada so they are very hard to come by

Texas to Arizona.

Shipped Wednesday, arrived Friday.

7 of 12 made it. the Welsummers, gold sex links and ideal 238's all made it just fine.

It was the App Spitz's who did not fare well.

Hopefully, shipping has thinned out the weaklings. One doesn't want or need weaklings in one's flock. I know that sounds crass (and in practice I held have held weak chicks to my heart until they warmed up, and dropped water in their beaks until they perked up), but it's true.

Too bad you only have one male and can't choose who to breed.

There is something weird going on with the rooster's saddles.....there are some strange light spangling throughout and some in the hackle too.....the hen looks very nice, albeit, the tail angle is somewhat high and should be lower.......all in all, if they are indeed Spitzhaubens and not bearded Brabanters, great!.......they could work well as gold spitz with the right genetics added..................................................................chrisf

Back
Top Bottom