Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Robin,
I am so sorry about your birds. This hot weather is soooooo hard on them.

I probably spend more money on keeping my birds cool, than I do keeping myself cool!

I am so sorry. We have the same critters in Texas, but luckily none of my birds has been bitten.

(Floppsy might still benefit from a regular vitamin treatment, especially in this HOT weather.)
Thank you Carla - we have been giving it to her on an as needed basis but I'm thinking you are right, once a week or even more often might be better.

So far so good in the heat! Everyone seems to be coping after some afternoon showers going on yesterday and this morning. HUMID outside!

For now, it will stay in the high 90's but tolerable for the birds. Gatorade did help pull them thru.

I had a full length mirror that I was going to throw away..I decided to put it in the chicken coop instead. They had fun with it.

The one in this picture.... I thought it was a pullet and others guessed pullet too. Now am starting to think roo. What do you all think?

I had a full length mirror that I was going to throw away..I decided to put it in the chicken coop instead. They had fun with it.

The one in this picture.... I thought it was a pullet and others guessed pullet too. Now am starting to think roo. What do you all think?

Definite male........nice small spangles!.....................................................................................chrisf

Yesterday I drove out to Crystal River and picked up these 8:

Here is Abe and Mary Lincoln, creme? brabanters. Roo is 2 years and hen is 1 1/2 years (she said).

6 new AS chicks @ 4 and 2 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom