Brahma Breeders thread

I have 1 cockerel that's getting processed tomorrow. He's way too aggressive to the girls. I figured out he's the one tearing up poor Skyes neck. He went after the other2 tthis morning. So I'm going to have a little bit of homegrown meat in the freezer. Depending how the others act after he's gone they might be going in too. Skye is staying where she is. Bumpercarr, I'll give you a call this afternoon.

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any young trios of buff and light bantam brahma show quality birds or even chicks for sale? They are for my 2 kids for 4 H. I live in Az, willing to pay shipping .
Thank you

@TIM63
frow.gif

hello, i have two bantam brahma that i would like to show next spring, when i went to a show i asked a man about how to show but forgot to ask what i should look out for in disqualifications or what they should have :D

Some one gave me this roo as a chick about 7 months ago. he doesn't crow much is that a brahma trait? He is large, with big feathered feet, and not a long tail. Short comb.He is gentle with the hens, but I don't see him mount much, but he did before we got snow. can anyone give me good reasons to keep him?

Keeping a pet rooster is simply up to you, if you like his personality, size, and color and do not plan on showing but would like a nice mixed flock than keep him. Mounting wise, I rarely see mine mount usually happens early morning or late afternoon but the evidence is there (bare backs, missing feathers, and fertile eggs). If fertility is a question, crack open an egg and look for a little bulleyes on the white dot on the yolk. If none of that appeals to you, than don't keep him. My barn yard flock currently has 3 roosters because I like each rooster for different reasons and those got to stay out of the freezer.

I have roosters and like them, I was hoping some one could say good thinks about brahmas to encourage me, do they crow less? or quieter? mine seems to. I have had many roosters too.

Last edited:
I would say my Brahma Boy is probably the quietest boy I've had.. Compared to others that have come and gone. He crows when appropriate or when he sees need, but not just to hear himself crow like some seem to do (ahem.. BANTAMS..)
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom