Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
:D I love brahmas. Mostly Dark Brahmas! I already have pair, but the hen doesn't lay. So I bought a Dozen babies from a breeder that is here locally. I am hoping to getting into breeding myself. :)

I also have random bantam buff brahma, not going into any projects, just a random yard bird.

P.S. Really need to get the SOP book. haha

By the way, I read about a thumb test a couple of pages back. And didn't understand it. Can anyone explain?

They're talking about the width of the skull being at least as wide as your thumb. So you take the chick and lay your thumb on top of its skill, the widest point should be as wide as your thumb/thumbnail

Maybe there should be a bantam brahma thread? Then the small stuff could be posted there?

Just a thought. LOL

bigz

They're talking about the width of the skull being at least as wide as your thumb. So you take the chick and lay your thumb on top of its skill, the widest point should be as wide as your thumb/thumbnail

I'm sure it worked for the breeder Gary is talking about. I would think there is a WIDE variation in thumb size though.

I'm sure it worked for the breeder Gary is talking about. I would think there is a WIDE variation in thumb size though.
I have big hands, but I'm sure that they aren't as big as my husband's hands. Mine passed the thumb test with my thumb, but with a different thumb, it might have different results.

Back
Top Bottom