Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
haha...found out that my Gold Laced girls HAVE been laying...those lil stinkers were just laying in the woods...no more free ranging for them!!!! I think they learned the bad behavior for my Cream Legbars....lol

haha...found out that my Gold Laced girls HAVE been laying...those lil stinkers were just laying in the woods...no more free ranging for them!!!! I think they learned the bad behavior for my Cream Legbars....lol
When mine start doing that then I only let them out later in the day or everyone couple of days.

Gary how have your birds been laying in this cold weather? Mine haven't laid in about a month or maybe a little longer.

I have a pullet who just got over her mite issues that I'm hoping will start laying soon. She was hatched May 31st. Unfortunately I dont have many lights right now since something killed all of my breeder lights Sunday night. The only one that survived was her because I had her downstairs with her mites. I still have four other light pullets and three light cockerels. I'm working on getting more from Dave Burchett. All the ones I have left are at least half siblings.

Last edited:

Ha! My black austrolorp crosses and white leghorns were laying in my woods too. And my dogs were eating all the eggs they found. I found a clutch of eggs underneath of this fallen tree. I locked them up for a couple of days and then restricted the amount of time free ranging.

My baby boy is interested in another pet bird. A Buff Laced Brahma. I found some hatching eggs on ebay, but have never ordered from anyone on ebay. I only need one. Hatching eggs are usually many more, but I am looking to hatch something with my son's this year. My oldest has chosen Croad Langshans. So if anyone can put me in connection with someone who is not too pricey I certainly will appreciate your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom