Brahma Breeders thread

They definitely look like a red splash but the actual classification would depend on how you got them? If they :)were a partridge based brahma, then they would be classed as a red splash. Mind you, I'm no expert at all, just going on what we've learned so far from other breeders here in the UK. I actually think I can learn far more from you than you'll learn from me
wink.png

Val

See that is my main issue with the whole pyle classification thing that guys use over there. I think it a sloppy/lazy catch all term, and have seen it used to describe multiple patterns on European forums. In the photos I just posted there are three distinctly different patterns shown, none of which are partridge. The first being columbian, both buff splash, and red splash. The second being double laced, again red splash. And single laced red splash. So if you add splash partridge that would be four distinct patterns that could be misclassified as pyle.
old.gif

To answer your question, if the white was black in a "pyle"...I have no idea what color it would be called...a project color?? lol I would say Gold Laced but they really wouldn't be that color
either I don't think....Splash I guess....

I missed this post. The reason I asked the original question was to stress the point that some of these "pyles" if they were black trimmed, would be classed as buffs (buff columbian), others partridge. Not to mention the single and double laced I posted earlier.

Not so much tomato/tomato as tomato/potato/cabbage/brussel sprouts, to my way of thinking.

To me a "pyle" color is what looks like a buff but more of a yellow color to it, kind of lemon...like this...
If you colored the white parts black, I would assume you would get columbian. This color is the only one I consider "pyle". I call the ones you posted earlier something completely different. Like the Blue Laced Red. The others I would think would be a splash of some sort. BUT as I stated, i am no expert, & don't claim to be.

Hello everyone,

I am searching for a Blue, Silver or Gold lace Brahma hen. My boyfriend and I have a golden laced Brahma hen who is 1 year and 4 months old. We would like to add another hen to our backyard coop. Please contact me if you are located in So Cal, thank you.

Last edited:
I would call this a Partridge....

I would call this a Red Splash......

Buff Columbian....

I would agree on the buff columbian.

The partridge I would have to add maybe gold partridge, as the orange hackles and saddle feathers indicates they lack mahogany, would which give them the much deeper red of a true partridge color.

As to the red splash. I agree on red splash, but of what pattern ? The light colored chest indicates it is either of partridge, but it could also be from double laced breeding.

I would agree on the buff columbian.

The partridge I would have to add maybe gold partridge, as the orange hackles and saddle feathers indicates they lack mahogany, would which give them the much deeper red of a true partridge color.

As to the red splash. I agree on red splash, but of what pattern ? The light colored chest indicates it is either of partridge, but it could also be from double laced breeding.
I just remembered a whole lot about genetics- Big Medicine- hi- I remember you from the old, old genetics board at Classroom at the Coop days.

I wouldn't have called that Partridge "partridge"- I see a BB Red wild type e+ fowl with hens of the same colour. Close?

Isn't a Pyle bird basically a black breasted red (wild type e+) who's white where he should be black? The darkest places should be on the wings, saddle, sickles and hackle which should all be red. no black showing anywhere on a red pyle? Also lemon pyle would dilute the black to pale blue, and the red to a light golden buff?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom