Brahma hen - foot wound/issue

Have you taken care of the lice with a Permethrin based poultry dust?
Cleaned out housing, treated it and the other chickens too?

I agree seeking vet care is best. I know you are in CA, but you could try ordering online. It may take a few days to get meds, but it's worth checking out that option.

Her bum is gross? Does she have runny poop or is it from the lice?
Runny poop.

It’s runny and slightly greenish. Poor girl. I think her time in chicken icu will consist of daily epsom salt soaks - and I think tomorrow will have to have a dawn soak too (again) just to clean off her bum.

I remember something something monistat for vent gleet - not sure if that would help or if it would just overload her system. Tomorrow may end up with errands after work getting all the stuff.

It’s runny and slightly greenish. Poor girl. I think her time in chicken icu will consist of daily epsom salt soaks - and I think tomorrow will have to have a dawn soak too (again) just to clean off her bum.

I remember something something monistat for vent gleet - not sure if that would help or if it would just overload her system. Tomorrow may end up with errands after work getting all the stuff.
If you can, please get some photos of all of her and some of her poop too.

Vent Gleet most of the times smells yeasty and usually there is a white pasty discharge coming from the vent as well (not to be mistaken as urates).

Giving her a clean up is a good idea, that way you can take a better look at the vent.

If you can, please get some photos of all of her and some of her poop too.

Vent Gleet most of the times smells yeasty and usually there is a white pasty discharge coming from the vent as well (not to be mistaken as urates).

Giving her a clean up is a good idea, that way you can take a better look at the vent.
Well. It’s past bedtime now but I’ll poke my head in and see if I can get a shot. (Beware. She’s on puppy pee pads and you can see the carnage of all the mites....)

...she’s pretty upset at me.

9A37FFB1-93D5-48A3-B8A9-2E2E34394B2D.jpeg

(Hooman it’s sleep time)

7A2A89D2-9688-4ADB-B603-944DF7C0469D.jpeg

Not going to move her around to see her bum tonight - but you can see some of her poop. She’s been eating - but not enough I don’t think. But that way you can kind of see the color of the poop.

Edit. I added the log as roost after dark so...I’ll guess that’s why she’s not all about it.

Poor girl. That’s a lot of lice. Can you treat that asap?
Already been treated. They’re all dead lice. I started poofing her with poultry dust after her bath and realized it wouldn’t do much good where she was still wet so we mixed up some permethrin spray.

Don’t have a small heater but it is Southern California. Shouldn’t get that cold in there - window is closed and she is all dry now.

Back
Top Bottom