Brahma or Cochin

gasparino1

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
58993_cochin.jpg

The farmer I bought this from assured me that it was a full-blood Wyandotte. Uh, as far as I know, Wyandottes don't have feathered feet. So, what do you think, is it a Brahma or Cochin? And why do you think so. Thanks.

welcome-byc.gif

I on't know what kind of mix it is but there is cochin in there somewhere, chances are if it was mixed with brahma it would have the pea comb. I have a few light brahma/cochin mixes and they all had the classic brahma pea comb

Yep, the farmer either lied or didnt know any better. You have a Silver laced Cochin. Wyandottes have rose combs, not single combs and they dont have feathered feet. And brahmas and cochins both have feathered feet, but cochins have single combs and brahmas have pea combs, so you have a cochin and it looks like a young roo from the pic. Do you have a pic of it from the side ? Or is it supposed to be a rooster ?

Standard silver laced cochin. How old is it supposed to be? Hopefully it is still young and will at least fill out big and pretty for you. Nice yellow feet color which is good (for a cochin).

Sorry! :-(

Back
Top Bottom