Brahma or???

Kayella

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 27, 2013
This is a friend's chicken. She got her as part of a mystery batch from McMurray. As quoting my friend, she is "is almost 5 months old and she is already 10lbs. She's already as big as my 1.5 yr old speckled sussex roo" She originally thought she was a Faverolle but is now perplexed.

I'm thinking Brahma, though she's colored more like a roo than a hen.

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Opinions? Knowledge? Help? XD[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif](Her missing tail feather are from pesky Leghorn roos who are now in her freezer)[/FONT]

Are they feathers just down one leg!? I'm not really sure, but looks like a pea comb of a wyandotte and sort of mixed colouring of a silver laced wyandotte. But I'm just madly guessing. Maybe this will bump you up and someone will have some better thoughts! :)

Haha no, it does look that way though! There's only feathering on the outside of her legs. She looks naked compared to her Cochins lol, poor girl.

He is a Dark Brahma Cockeral
DarkBrahCkl.JPEG

Hens look like this
SquintBack.JPEG

Last edited:
Yeah, she looks nothing remotely like a Brahma hen.
hu.gif
What do you think she could be? Wyandottes don't have fuzzy feet, although she does look a bit like them.

Okay, I had my suspicions that she was actually a he, but my friend said "her" comb is insubstantial. I will let her know what y'all think! Would that be why all the Leghorns were beating up on him/her?

ETA: Though, at 5 months old, wouldn't he/she have a more developed comb if he was a roo?

Last edited:
Well they seem to have really well-defined wattles, too, which he/she doesn't have. At what age do they develop more and become more obvious? I'm new to chickens(only raised turkeys) so I'm not sure whenever their comb and wattles "mature."

Back
Top Bottom