Brahma Rooster

Thank you for post! The first time he tried to peck me, I did what you mentioned in your post! Hold him,walk around for about 5 min. With no fussing! He is such a character! I have one hen “Betty” she seems to be the boss She yells at Mr Cogburn and she loves to talk to me! They all are so much fun! I can’t wait for my 1st egg and some chicks in the spring

Lol hopefully he doesnt think of you as one of his hens. I had a young roo who attempted to mate my hand when i was crouching in the coop cleaning. He was my first ever hatched snuggle bug. I learned my lesson to make myself less of a flock member after that.

I'm kinda thinking he does, mine surely did although the feet were his interest not hands. I just picked him up and carried him with me until i wasn't quite so attractive. I also gave him the birds and bees talk, and told him he was too good for me. Neighbors probably thougt i was crazy, but you got to do these things sometimes. :)
Lol hopefully he doesnt think of you as one of his hens. I had a young roo who attempted to mate my hand when i was crouching in the coop cleaning. He was my first ever hatched snuggle bug. I learned my lesson to make myself less of a flock member after that.

If he pecks you again, make sure to hold him down firmly to the ground until he stops struggling. This will teach him that it isn't okay for him to peck you.

I have a great Light Brahma Rooster as well, Sammy. He won't let me hug him now, but will follow me around and let me scratch under his beak. He does not do the dance around me, but every once in while he will stand real tall and fluff up his wings to me. He is a great protecter for my flock, sees bird of prey before I do, and sounds the alarm. I Really like Sammy boy. :)

Back
Top Bottom