Brahma Roosters Dont Crow

Im having the same "problem", I have 2 big boys, (and saddenly only 1 girl) and they havn't started to crow yet, they was hatched 15th August 2011. I found out that the younger boys well not crow if there is a mature and more domient rooster, but My biggest and youngest boy is with my shamo girls.

He is with shamo girlies (orignally hatched pekin chicks until the height/weight started to look dangerous) and is complelety bullied by them X3 He was orginally raised with pekin chicks, as his *mother* got off the nest with his brother and sister (KFC and Rose), and leave him in the cold for over 3 hours. She was a first time mum and acciendlty broke one of her eggs on the 20th day, (Which was Rose) and on the 24th day BFG (My big big boy) hatched, which was sad in many ways but in the long term it has been nice, as after being raised with pekins, we was given some 2 sets shamo eggs to hatch out. He became mother of them chicks (we never had a problem mixing chicks of any ages) and it wasnt uncommon to see him being a *mother hen* to all the babies at night, when 9 other chicks snuggled up to him X3 (which why we origanly thought he was a she...). He still gets snuggle up with by the shamos girls but isnt as willing as before X3

maybe if you're a brahma you think you don't need to crow because you're so big nobody is going to challenge you?
big_smile.png
i had no idea how big they got until i saw my neighbors. that bird was gigantic. scared me to death & all he was doing was standing there.

Back
Top Bottom