Brahma sick need help

I believe I found out what it could be. According to what I’m looking at they have fowl pox. And wet fowlpox causes respiratory distress. A few of them have a black beak which they didn’t before. I went through this last year with a couple of them they finally did get better. I heard you put some iodine in their water that helps them. And of course it’s caused from mosquitoes. I heard there’s no cure but I’m trying to study on what I can do to help. Thank you so much for trying to help I really do appreciate it.
Could you get some pictures of their beaks and combs?

Could you get some pictures of their beaks and combs?
I noticed my Brahmas sister is shaking her head. She is molting she’s active but she don’t look too good of course. I also looked up gapeworm and looked at videos and they’re not doing the same thing. Shelley’s got a breathing problem my large Brahma. With her mouth open breathing heavy having a hard time walking. Honestly this is driving me crazy. Thank you so much for all your help. You see how their beaks are turning black. I’m almost to the point giving Shelley something to help her breathe because I feel so bad her gasping for breath like that. That’s another reason why I thought it was wet Poultry pox

Attachments

• D60C35FE-EF60-4BF4-A0D8-265D25970DFF.jpeg
    D60C35FE-EF60-4BF4-A0D8-265D25970DFF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • 4210CB2A-EBDA-4E90-AB57-293234B6F6E0.jpeg
    4210CB2A-EBDA-4E90-AB57-293234B6F6E0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 41C92C4E-172F-4E7D-A5B5-8797E6BEF7AC.jpeg
    41C92C4E-172F-4E7D-A5B5-8797E6BEF7AC.jpeg
    712.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 79F59EBC-AA55-41E7-915D-A0DD26BCEC5A.jpeg
    79F59EBC-AA55-41E7-915D-A0DD26BCEC5A.jpeg
    725.5 KB · Views: 9
I noticed my Brahmas sister is shaking her head. She is molting she’s active but she don’t look too good of course. I also looked up gapeworm and looked at videos and they’re not doing the same thing. Shelley’s got a breathing problem my large Brahma. With her mouth open breathing heavy having a hard time walking. Honestly this is driving me crazy. Thank you so much for all your help. You see how their beaks are turning black. I’m almost to the point giving Shelley something to help her breathe because I feel so bad her gasping for breath like that. That’s another reason why I thought it was wet Poultry pox
I don't think I'm seeing any fowl pox. I have no idea what's going on.
How many chickens are acting sick or a bit off?

I don't think I'm seeing any fowl pox. I have no idea what's going on.
How many chickens are acting sick or a bit off?
Two of them are shaking their heads. The eating good but so is Shelley which is the one I was concerned about. Kelly which is Shelley sister I think she’s molting she’s losing a lot of feathers. But I did notice their beaks were turning black that’s not normal is it? I go out there two or three times just to check on them. And Shelley the large Brahma that I’m concerned about she was on the other side of the yard behind something panting like crazy I thought she was gonna die. So I put her in the outside sink cooled her off with water. I had the chance to look in her mouth on the bottom I don’t see anything on the top it was kind of white I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. I’ve been studying for at least two or three hours today trying to figure it out. Thank you again for your help

Two of them are shaking their heads. The eating good but so is Shelley which is the one I was concerned about. Kelly which is Shelley sister I think she’s molting she’s losing a lot of feathers. But I did notice their beaks were turning black that’s not normal is it? I go out there two or three times just to check on them. And Shelley the large Brahma that I’m concerned about she was on the other side of the yard behind something panting like crazy I thought she was gonna die. So I put her in the outside sink cooled her off with water. I had the chance to look in her mouth on the bottom I don’t see anything on the top it was kind of white I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. I’ve been studying for at least two or three hours today trying to figure it out. Thank you again for your help
Could you get a pic of the white stuff in her mouth? Is there anything else in her mouth or the others that is concerning?

Could you get a pic of the white stuff in her mouth? Is there anything else in her mouth or the others that is concerning?
I contacted a vet online which I normally don’t do. She was very helpful. Told me about Glute mine for her arthritis gave me information of how much to give her. That could be her walking problem.Then gave me a recipe for her possible upper respiratory infection.One clove of garlic and a gallon of water and some echinacea 3 times a day. She said if does not help may be cancer or heart. Thought I’d share that with you might help somebody else you’ve been very helpful. I will keep you informed thank you again

I contacted a vet online which I normally don’t do. She was very helpful. Told me about Glute mine for her arthritis gave me information of how much to give her. That could be her walking problem. Then gave me a recipe for her possible upper respiratory infection. One clove of garlic and a gallon of water and some echinacea 3 times a day. She said if does not help may be cancer or heart. Thought I’d share that with you might help somebody else you’ve been very helpful. I will keep you informed thank you again
That's good you contacted a vet, because I'm befuddled. The vet gave you good advice.
Glad to help!

That's good you contacted a vet, because I'm befuddled. The vet gave you good advice.
Glad to help!
Well I’m still talking to the vet but she doesn’t seem like she’s getting better everything that she suggested for me to do. And when I felt her on the bottom right underneath her neck there’s a bone you can feel it and it goes all the way to the middle of her I guess stomach then he gets a little larger Then it goes to them to mom on the side of event. And I did feel good to her I was massaging it because she was very calm so whatever it is it’s feeling good to massage it it doesn’t hurt. But her breathing is still about the same or get a little worse I’m almost tempted to put her in a cage and put her in my laundry room specially on the very hot times of the day so she won’t suffer. But then I’m afraid if I put her back out the other chickens are really pick on her have you have any experience with that? Thank you for your help

Well I’m still talking to the vet but she doesn’t seem like she’s getting better everything that she suggested for me to do. And when I felt her on the bottom right underneath her neck there’s a bone you can feel it and it goes all the way to the middle of her I guess stomach then he gets a little larger Then it goes to them to mom on the side of event. And I did feel good to her I was massaging it because she was very calm so whatever it is it’s feeling good to massage it it doesn’t hurt. But her breathing is still about the same or get a little worse I’m almost tempted to put her in a cage and put her in my laundry room specially on the very hot times of the day so she won’t suffer. But then I’m afraid if I put her back out the other chickens are really pick on her have you have any experience with that? Thank you for your help
You could put her in a cage inside the run.

I did put her in a cage but I put her in the laundry room for three hours now and she’s not breathing heavy and not making that weird noise. She still is breathing with her mouth open a little bit. But not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom