Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is anyone in the Tulsa, OK area looking for some good quality Buff Brahma bantams, I have 2 excellent birds for you. Both are young and both like to go broody. I'd like $30 for the both of them. Nice wide heads but both are way out of condition due to just finished being broody. Please PM me if you're interested in pics or would like to come get them.

Tim, was just reading in the Poultry Press that Spence and Williams won super grand champion of show, and grand champion large fowl at the Southwest Exposition and Livestock show at Fort Worth Texas, with a light pullet. Congrates to them.

For some reason I had in my mind they were bantam guys. Maybe I was confusing them with Arbuckle and Rust, or some other dynamic duo. Do you know the history of their flock, seeing that they are fellow Texans and all ?
Greg has been out of chickens for a while(3 years ?) or so. He's planning on getting back in soon though. Chad sold out of bantams completely at crossroads in 2011. We left with over a hundred birds and came back with about twenty! He has had big lights for several years, that is all he has now....and boy are they good ones. He picked up a couple of females from Kim and Kendra, and a dandy male from Mr. Petersen at Crossroads. Of course his birds have improved since then. Bob Arbuckle died a year or two back. Jimmy still has some birds. Family and health issues have slowed him down a lot. I am blessed to have Chad, Greg and Jimmy as mentors...they are all live pretty close. My Buffs and Lights are .mostly Spence/Williams with a good dose of John Neffs birds mixed in. Anyway...you are correct, they WERE bantam guys till 2011.

Tim

For those asking about the 2013 ABA National Show, it will be in Knoxville this year. As one of the members of the Tennessee Valley Poultry Club, I encourage any and all to attend if possible since the National show has not been held in the south for a long time.

Here are a few of the bantams that my son is trying to work with.​

Greg has been out of chickens for a while(3 years ?) or so. He's planning on getting back in soon though. Chad sold out of bantams completely at crossroads in 2011. We left with over a hundred birds and came back with about twenty! He has had big lights for several years, that is all he has now....and boy are they good ones. He picked up a couple of females from Kim and Kendra, and a dandy male from Mr. Petersen at Crossroads. Of course his birds have improved since then. Bob Arbuckle died a year or two back. Jimmy still has some birds. Family and health issues have slowed him down a lot. I am blessed to have Chad, Greg and Jimmy as mentors...they are all live pretty close. My Buffs and Lights are .mostly Spence/Williams with a good dose of John Neffs birds mixed in. Anyway...you are correct, they WERE bantam guys till 2011.

Tim

Thank you sir.

My pleasure. Actually Chad posted some photos WAY back in this thread. I think his name here is Rired or something along those lines. Hes not much for forums and doesn't post much.

Tim

Last edited:
Need help what are these birds hen or Roo I been reading so much but just don't no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom