Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet 2 girls too.

Thanks for the guesses...I'll let you all know! ;)
D.gif

I saw this thread and thought I would post a couple of picture of my new light Brahma.

I went to a hardware store last week and saw this little lady. I asked them what breed it was and they said it was a dominker with feather feet. (They ordered an assorted brown layer pullets and thought all the yellow chicks were RIR and blackish were dominkers. )
ep.gif
I thought it was a cochin so I got it, but a BYC member pointed out it looks more light Brahma. I always thought light brahma were yellow chicks, didn't know they can be black
hu.gif
but I think she is probably right. So that is how I got this pretty lady(unless I find out later that it's really a gentleman).
gig.gif

p.s. Please ignore my photo-bombing OEGB

I saw this thread and thought I would post a couple of picture of my new light Brahma.

I went to a hardware store last week and saw this little lady. I asked them what breed it was and they said it was a dominker with feather feet. (They ordered an assorted brown layer pullets and thought all the yellow chicks were RIR and blackish were dominkers. )
ep.gif
I thought it was a cochin so I got it, but a BYC member pointed out it looks more light Brahma. I always thought light brahma were yellow chicks, didn't know they can be black
hu.gif
but I think she is probably right. So that is how I got this pretty lady(unless I find out later that it's really a gentleman).
gig.gif

p.s. Please ignore my photo-bombing OEGB

Lucky you! I want dark Brahmas...

I wondered...how can you tell? I think one of them might have worms, growing so much slower and lighter weight than the other one...is there a treatment I should be doing?

Feathering. You can always use something like wazine or rooster booster. But I have heard pumpkin seeds are a good natural wormer. Some people have here birds on a regular routine. I don't. If I ever have an outbreak I will treat it, but only if thy have worms. There many other things that could be happening to you smaller one. Just keep a close eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom