Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I am looking at picking up some local buff brahma hatching eggs. They are priced at $1 each. Is this a good price for brahma eggs? Is there anything in particular I should look for or ask about? I found the seller on Craigslist... I am buying eggs to hatch to sell chicks and maybe keep one or two. Any advise is awesome!

yuckyuck.gif

Awesome price. Who knows what the quality is, or even if they are Buff Brahma eggs. I don't guess it matters since you are just hatching them to sell. What will you ask for the chicks?

Tim

Awesome price. Who knows what the quality is, or even if they are Buff Brahma eggs. I don't guess it matters since you are just hatching them to sell. What will you ask for the chicks?

Tim

Somewhere around $3 since they would be s/r. I emailed her and asked for pics of the parent stock. Figured I would set final price after getting those pics.

She just sent me pictures. The parents are from McMurray. But she says they aren't laying that well yet so she will do her best to get me as many eggs as possible but she won't be able to get me as many as I wanted. :/ She does have RIR too though so hopefully I can just sub some of those in.

Three dollars per chick sounds like a good starting point for hatchery stock. They obviously aren't sq. They have almost no feathers on their shank/toe. Male needs more black in him. If you plan on ever breeding your brahmas seriously then you wouldn't want to use these as foundation birds. These birds do look ok though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom