Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are brahmas suppose to be good winter layers? I haven't got many eggs in like 4 months. Just wondering if this was a breed thing or if I'm just doing something wrong. I have a light running on a timer.

Last edited:
Ours lay fantastic!! All winter long!! How many hours are your lights on?
If I had to guess I would say It's only off for like 5 hours at night but in not sure I haven't checked it in a while. The more I think about it, it might be off longer.... hmmm I'll have to check. Right now I've been treating them all for worms and upped the feed from .5 cups per day to 24/7 feed because some of them got a staph infection and are a bit thin. Plus they have been getting gallimycin to treat the staph. I decided to add vitamins and electrolytes to help them get over the infection/ possible worms quicker. Maybe this whole time since they have been a bit on the thin side and could of had worms they just didn't have enough spare energy to lay?

If I had to guess I would say It's only off for like 5 hours at night but in not sure I haven't checked it in a while. The more I think about it, it might be off longer.... hmmm I'll have to check. Right now I've been treating them all for worms and upped the feed from .5 cups per day to 24/7 feed because some of them got a staph infection and are a bit thin. Plus they have been getting gallimycin to treat the staph. I decided to add vitamins and electrolytes to help them get over the infection/ possible worms quicker. Maybe this whole time since they have been a bit on the thin side and could of had worms they just didn't have enough spare energy to lay?
THATS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE, birds need to be in good health and condition to lay regularly, build them up and i'll bet they will be back to laying regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom